Brain Injury Lawyer
If you have suffered trauma to your head, are suffering from a head injury or a brain injury, concussion or whiplash as a result of a sudden accident, illness or resulting from the negligence of another person or entity, it is very important that you speak with a brain injury lawyer. Brain injuries are classified as serious and unpredictable when it comes to the long-term effects. Many people suffering from a head injury / brain injury feel the effects and impacts on their lives for years after the incident has occurred.
No person should be left to manage and deal with their new reality on their own, nor should they incur financial stress from having zero income replacement or lack of medical benefits / health benefits as a result of a denied disability claim for a head injury / brain injury.
When you are suffering from a brain injury, it is important that you speak with a lawyer who specializes in both personal injury law (tort law), as well as disability law (insurance law). When your legal representation has a solid understanding of both legal realms, your injury claim and/or insurance claim will have a greater chance of success.
Personal Injury Lawyer for a Brain Injury
A personal injury lawyer for a brain injury can help in several different scenarios. If you have acquired a brain injury or head injury as a result of any of the following, a personal injury lawyer who has a thorough understanding of tort law can help manage your claim victoriously. When a personal injury lawyer for a brain injury wins a case, you will be awarded the proper benefits to help support you during this time, as well as any damages owed to you for your suffering.
Personal Injury Lawyer: Example Common Scenarios for a Brain Injury
- you are involved in a car accident as a result of another person's reckless driving; in the event you sustain a brain injury
- you slip and fall on a spill inside, or on ice found on the sidewalk, of a private establishment such as a supermarket, store, car dealership, etc.
- you are hit in the head, victim to blunt force trauma, as a result of another person's recklessness/negligence or violent behavior
- you are at work and sustain a brain injury or head injury as a result of a workplace hazard or lack of proper health and safety protocol and adherence to imposed ministry standards; you are involved in a workplace injury and are in need of a workplace injury lawyer / personal injury lawyer
Disability Lawyer for a Brain Injury Claim
Disability lawyers specializes in disability claims, insurance law, as well as have a thorough understanding of the claims process and an insurance companies inner workings. When you are faced with any of the following situations when filing a short-term disability claim or long-term disability claim for a brain injury, a disability lawyer will be able to help successfully grant you access to full benefits and possible damages.
Disability Lawyer: Example Common Scenarios for a Brain Injury
- you have filed a brain injury related insurance claim through your group benefits package provided through your employer, or through your personal insurance company, and are greeted with a denied claim; whether be for short-term disability, long-term disability, health benefits, medical benefits, etc.
- you are thinking of appealing a denied insurance claim for a brain injury / head injury OR are already in the beginning or middle of an insurance claim appeal process for a denied disability claim or insurance claim related to your brain injury / head injury
- you have suffered from a brain injury / head injury as a result of a 3rd party's negligence or recklessness (a person, company, premise, government, school, or any other entity). A disability lawyer will pursuit benefits and damages through the 3rd party's own insurance
Types of Brain Injuries / Head Injury
When you are suffering from a brain injury, you are either suffering from a traumatic brain injury (TBI) or an acquired brain injury (ABI). Hitting the head is the most common way that people acquire brain injuries, but things such as violent shaking, whiplash and oxygen deprivation can also lead to a brain injury as well.
Common Scenarios that Lead to Hiring a Toronto Brain Injury Lawyer
- slip and fall
- drowning and suffocation (oxygen deprivation)
- car accidents
- sports injuries
- truck accidents
- boating accidents
- choking and strangulation
- smoke inhalation
- heat stroke and dehydration
- alcohol abuse
- drug abuse
Any of these scenarios can occur in different places and situations. Depending on the situation you find yourself in, it may alter the type of legal expertise and/or legal claim you may be able to file.
Scenario 1: Personal Injury Lawyer: If you acquire a brain injury as a result of your workplace (either due to a workplace accident, workplace hazard such as exposure to toxic chemicals, or over-exertion due to your job requirements), you would want to pursue a personal-injury claim for a workplace injury. A workplace injury lawyer who specializes in personal injury law (tort law) will best support your case and gain you access to medical benefits and sums of money that are owed to you as a result of injury and third-party negligence.
Scenario 2: Disability Lawyer: If you have fallen while cleaning the leaves out of roof’s gutters, and have acquired a brain injury as a result of your fall, you may file a disability claim for income support or a medical claim for health benefits to manage your brain injury. If your insurance claim has been wrongfully denied, then you are best off seeking the help from a disability lawyer who has a thorough understanding of insurance law, the insurance claims process, as well as the internal workings of insurance companies in your province.
Symptoms of a Brain Injury
PW Lawyers understands the many different symptoms that impact one’s life after sustaining a brain injury. A brain injury can have an overwhelming impact on one’s personal and work life, altering relationships and the ability to care for oneself and others. The devastation that can buildup post such head trauma is recognized and should not be something anyone should suffer with alone. By contacting our firm and speaking with a Toronto Brain Injury Lawyer, you will be gaining insight into your legal rights and proper support after sustaining a brain injury and/or facing a denied disability claim for a brain injury or head injury.
Symptoms include, but are not limited to:
- Attention difficulties (shortened attention span)
- Blurred vision
- Concentration difficulties
- Difficulty and disturbance to sleep/ staying asleep
- Increase in repetition
- Motion sickness
- Needing more sleep than normal
- Numbness and tingling
- Organizational problems
- Over stimulation of senses (sound, sight, smell)
- Rapidly shifting emotions
- Ringing in ears (tinnitus)
- Sensitivity to light
- Sensitivity to noise
- Short-term memory problems
- Slower thought processing
- Trouble finding the right word/ word reversal
- Vision problems
Did You Know?
Many people who are diagnosed with a brain injury after sustaining trauma to their head are unaware that they may likely be suffering from a Pituitary Injury as well. (Click here)[ https://pwlawyers.ca/blog/brain-injury/ ] to read more about Pituitary Injuries as a result of a brain injury or head injury.
Workplace Injury Lawyer: Brain Injury Lawyer
When you are involved in an accident at work, or acquire a brain injury / head injury within the workplace or on the job, it is important that you speak with a workplace injury lawyer who will represent you as your brain injury lawyer. A workplace injury lawyer will help your case by:
- managing income replacement options during your leave from work
- speak on you behalf with any insurance board (such as WSIB) or insurance company that has a policy and provides coverage for your workplace and/or employer
- help file any personal disability claims or health insurance claims on your behalf
- investigate and identify any acts of third party negligence
- pursuit legal action seeking damages against your employer, workplace, or premise where work was conducted and your incurred your brain injury / head injury, if third party negligence is found
- represent and defend you against any workplace reprisal or workplace discrimination you may experience as a result of your workplace injury, brain injury or head injury
If you find yourself suffering from workplace discrimination or workplace harassment as a result of dealing with a brain injury or head injury, a short-term disability / long-term disability, you are also a victim of workplace violence. You need to contact a lawyer as soon as possible if you find yourself in this scenario.
It is against your human rights to be discriminated against for your injury and you may be able to seek a workplace injury claim for violence on top of any other claim you may have filed as a result of your brain injury / head injury. To understand better the signs and risk factors of workplace violence (including discrimination and harassment), please click here.
Work With A Toronto Brain Injury Lawyer / Toronto Personal Injury Lawyer
When you are considering teaming up with a personal-injury lawyer for your brain injury, you will increase the success of your case by working with a Toronto injury lawyer who has a thorough understanding of tort law (personal injury lawyer) and insurance law (disability lawyer). By being equipped in your injury claim with a legal team that is knowledgeable and well versed in the various avenues your case can be heard, you will increase your chances of successfully gaining access to full benefits and sums of money owed to you as a result of your brain injury and/or head injury disability claim.
PW lawyers is one of the top personal injury law firms in Toronto; a firm that has the best personal injury lawyers ready to take on your case. When you contact us for a free consultation about your brain injury / head injury claim, you will be allocated to the most suitable lawyer with tailored expertise for your case. PW Lawyers firmly believes in providing our clients with the best client care and case sensitivity possible; we want to make sure that our clients have access to the needed medical treatments and income replacement as soon as possible. We ensure that non of our clients suffer economically or socially during the duration of the case and will assume full responsibility to allow you and your family the time needed to recover and be stress free.
Contact us today; we offer free consultations with a personal injury lawyer / disability lawyer specializing in brain injuries.